The following amendment to the bylaws was proposed by Michael Pakko, referred by the Executive Committee to the Bylaws Committee, and approved for submission to the 2022 Convention of the Libertarian Party of Arkansas.
Proposal for an Amendment to the LPAR Bylaws
(Strikethrough designates deletions, Italics designates new language)
- Membership Eligibility – A person is eligible to become a Member of the Party if the person:
- Is a resident of the state of Arkansas;
- Is sixteen (16) years of age or older;
- Fills out the membership form either online or through hardcopy;
- Pays the membership dues required as set by the State Executive Committee (Dues and forms cannot be altered less than sixty (60) days prior to the State Convention.);
- Has certified in writing that they oppose the initiation of force to achieve political or social goals.
- Sustaining membership – Sustaining Members (“Members”) are eligible members of the Party who:
- During the prior 12 months have donated, or have had donated on their behalf, an amount of at least the minimum membership dues, as established by the State Executive Committee; or
- Are Life Members of the Party; or
- Are active “Sustaining Members” of the National Libertarian Party, as defined under its current bylaws; or
- All persons who are considered Members and Life Members prior to the adoption of this section [II.2].
- Membership Dues
The Executive Committee shall set the minimum membership dues for Sustaining Members and a minimum threshold dues payment for Life Members, provided that these dues thresholds or conditions cannot be altered less than sixty (60) days prior to the State Convention.
[With subsequent sections renumbered accordingly]