About Stephen Edwards
Stepthen Edwards is the 2020 Libertarian Party candidate for State Representative District 77.
"I was born here in Fort Smith, and I've lived here most of my life. I became interested in the political process during my time at Henderson State University, but it is stopping the growth of government and preserving our true liberty, that I'm most passionate about. As a small business owner, I will fight to reduce government regulations and allow the free market to function as it was intended. I served with the Marine Reserves out of North Little Rock and am an Iraq War veteran. My wife and I have chosen to raise our young son in this community, and we care about the Fort Smith our children will inherit.
"I am a pro-life Libertarian. As your State Representative, I will fight to get the government out of our personal lives. I will fight against harmful programs like Medicaid expansion. I will fight for school choice for the benefit of our children and families. I will fight to remove Arkansas from its dependence on federal subsidies. I will stand firm on my principles, and I will not be swayed by lobbyists or special interest groups."
- Marine veteran: Voluntarily re-enlisted to deploy with my unit to Iraq
- Chair: Sebastian County Libertarian Party
- Fort Smith native
- Small business owner
- Husband and dad
- Active in the community
- Will stand firm on my principles, and will not be swayed by corporate lobbyists
- Will work to reign in state spending
- Will work to reform our criminal justice system
- Am committed to transferring state control to our local communities